Tuesday, November 09, 2010
ONE MONTH TODAY!
Today is our 1 month anniversary! This time last month I was just waking up and getting ready to become a wife. It has been a beautiful first month. Our officiant was DH childhood pastor and he shared with us 10 rules for a happy marriage.
1. Never both be angry at the same time.
2. Never yell at each other, unless the house is on fire.
3. If one of you has to win an arguement, let it be your mate.
4. If you have to criticize, do it lovingly.
5. Never bring up mistakes of the past.
6. Neglect the whole world rather than each other.
7. Never go to sleep with an argument unsettled.
8. At least once everyday try to say one kind or complimentary thing to your life's partner.
9. When you have done something wrong, be ready to admit it and ask for forgiveness.
10. It takes tow to make a quarrel and the one in the wrong, ususally is the one who does all the talking.
He framed this and gave it to us as part of our wedding gift. I thought I would share it here. I have been a very independent woman for a very long time and now that I am married I am learning that I don't have to do everything all the time. I realize that we are a team and I know that together we can accomplish anything. That's the beauty of it all. Knowing you have someone by your side through all that life brings your way. I am so appreciative of what we have created together even though he irritates me at times. I love him anyway. LOL!!! SO to my husband I say I LOVE YOU and Happy 1st month Anniversary BB! Here is to a lifetime of many more!