Here is our new home hopefully if all goes well!
Thursday, September 17, 2009
Thursday, September 10, 2009
- Deal With The Issue Quickly – don’t let it linger indefinitely
- Deal With Only One Issue At A Time – don’t “kitchen sink” your partner by bringing up everything you’ve been upset about
- Avoid “Put Downs” and Generalizations – avoid words like “you always, you never, you are always right or wrong, good or bad,” etc.
- Listen Without Interrupting – take turns listening and ask questions to clarify what’s being communicated.
- Don’t Fight In Front Of Your Kids – arguing in front of your children is child abuse. They don’t want to hear it anyway.
- Don’t Bring Up Past Mistakes, Hurts, or Issues From The Past – don’t dig up the past. Stay in the present with the topic at hand.
- Avoid Name Calling and Personal Insults – name calling and personal insults might help you to win the argument but may also cause you to lose your marriage.
- Make It A “Win-Win” Outcome For Both of You – you can only win if you both win.
Now that I have these little tips I will try to implement them! Off for now I have an exam tomorrow!
Monday, September 07, 2009
Mom and me
Guest sign-in mat
My bros, mom, and me
Saturday, September 05, 2009
Here is a pic of the b-day party invite!
PENDING VENDORS - I have a vendor/ideas in mind just haven't confirmed with them yet! Still debating.....
anyway my thoughts on marriage is about decision making...
Sharing Responsibility for Decision Making
If either of you take on a dominating role and expect to make all the major decisions in your marriage, your marriage will suffer.
"Another characteristic of a successful marriage is that both partners are sincerely concerned about the wishes and personal preferences of the other. They are both willing to go more than halfway in reaching mutually satisfying compromises. Decisions or compromises that are made are made willingly instead of grudgingly."
"Sharing decisions means that neither spouse has to be "wrong" or "lose." Both share the results. There is no resentment aroused by the attitudes of "who was right" and "who was wrong." There is the mutual growing together by the sharing in making "our decisions." Source: Mississippi State University Extension Service
Wednesday, September 02, 2009
so far this week i have worked out 3 x - 45 min cardio session on cross ramp elliptical and honestly i'm proud of myself. i only haven eated out once per day instead of 3x per day so that's a step. i have to remember or take the iniative to pack lunch. its hard but i feel ok this time around. i'm more dedicated right now i hope this lasts! wish my luck!!!!