Thursday, January 28, 2010

invit-hations!

I hate invitations!!!! Why you may ask? Because I feel like invitations are just a waste of $$. I mean don't get me wrong they can be very cute and they are "technically" the first glimpse of the wedding but really.. I refuse to pay $5+ each for something that will probably end up in the trash...This includes programs which I did not want to do and menus, yada, yada... So because of that I have tentatively decided to semi-DIY our invites. At this present moment here are my options:

  1. I will have a stationer design something cute and use VP to print them.
  2. Buy a few packs from Micheals, Hobby Lobby or AC Moore and print them. Coupons in hand of course!
  3. Have someone design them, order the paper, and take them to Staples/Kinko's and have them print and cut...
Now I know how I want to do them but I now I need to figure out what it is that I want to do. I like pocketfolds but I also like it when it's stacked with a belly band. I also like the vellum envelopes see it's to many options for a girl like me. I have to just find something I like and be done with it. But here are some invites that I have been saving as I found them.




























































































3 comments:

  1. I am right there with you on the invites! I won't go over $1.25 though!! I have ordered two samples from online places that have reasonable prices. I am trying find nice low cost invites with my colors that I can be proud to send out but I don't want them to look cheapo either! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just finished my invitations a weeke and half ago and I thought I was going to have to check myself into a crazy house. They were a labor of love and I honestly ust wanted that part of the planning to be over! But I am happy with the results and I didn't go over my $6 budget, they were about $5.13 per invite including shipping. I designed them myself which saved me tons. Check out my blog if you want to see them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dream Ring- your invites are gorgeous! Out of my budget but they are beauties nonetheless....

    Frugalista- we are here! i can't see me spending more than 150. i know that's cheap but hey i wanted an awesome photog.

    ReplyDelete