because our wedding is in October which in the wedding world has become the 'new' june and facilities book so quickly and i wanted to book and place for our rehearsal venue. so i called my FMIL to ask if she wanted me to find something or did she want to handle it. she told me to find something and get back with her so the hunt begins.. the wedding reception is located in the downtown area of our city which is filled with lots of restaurants and the such. but i never wanted to have a rehearsal dinner (RD) @ a restuarant b/c i really wanted it to be intimate. so my man of honor and i began the search of where to host the RD and we came across and an idea.
now i am one of those people who feel like a RD should be just that a dinner. our rehearsal starts @ 6:45 pm and should last an hour so it will be a little late in the evening (8ish) when we eat dinner so b/c of that i wanted to switch up my orginal idea of a soul food RD to something more fun... if you haven't noticed i LOVE themed parties and i always have it just so much fun and i love that.....
so here is my new idea: ( i don't know if my FMIL will go for it but we'll see :~} i got my fingers cross)
- i call it BBB- burgers, beer and bowling- we would have it a sports bar with a private room that can accomdate the slide show and the number of guest. we have to commit to 30 guests which is perfect for us! the room is free and not only is it free its not even located near any of the other patrons in the resturant. it has a big floor space with a 60" flat screen w/DVD player over a fireplace and 19" tvs along the wall perimeter where the booths are located perfect for the slide show right? We will have the cutest hamburger cake you ever wanted to see for dessert and afterwards go bowling- why bowling you ask? b/c FI and i met @ a bowling alley. (the only prob with the bowling idea is that it will be pretty late into the night but the wedding is not until after 5 the next day ). we can choice a variety of different types of burgers and sandwiches for the guests to choose from and they will preprint our selection on a menu. the place has great lighting.
here are the perks to the place and idea.
- proxmity- it's out the back door of the venue - walking distance. you have to pass the resturant to get to the hotel.
- its economical - not to hard on the wallet (we love to save $$$$$)
- it's private and i get to have the intimate yet fun RD that i always wanted
- my FMIL and FSIL can actually rest and enjoy the evening and not be cooking and running around.
- there is no clean up and teardown
- i love how it represents FI and the kind of guy he is... it's so perfect
- no decorations needed....some cute centerpieces on the tables .. viola-complete
- i just like that it is simple and fun (no muss no fuss)
We are 90% sold on the idea but the ILS have to like it too so we will see. How did/are you choosing your RD location?